I’ve noticed I blog more when I’m tired or stressed or both. And especially when I have a deadline looking at me square in the eyes, which, as it so happens, is just around the corner. It’s almost as though my creative juices begin to flow in a desperate attempt to keep me off the work at hand!? Go figure. Anyhow! Here are the main reasons why this blog exists and gets updated.
- It’s like a part of ME. I can discuss what I want, when I want, how I want! I am not invading anyone’s personal space and I get to say something that I feel I need to let the world know.
- Helps me run away from it all. Sometimes you just want to retreat in your little corner. That’s what the blogosphere is to me. A retreat where real life seems far away and I happily ‘like’ and comment on other blogs and welcome people on mine.
- It’s not snoopy/nosy like Facebook, and not addictive like Twitter.
- I get to chronicle my published articles in a cool systematic way, and feel like less of a fool.
- I get to learn photography, from the work of some talented shutterbugs and I get to display my own efforts on the same.
- People who hate me can’t admit they’ve read/seen/regularly browse my blog, so that means I can be nasty about them whenever I want. Except I’m not. Whew!
- No editorial boundaries!!! I’m the boss! ‘Nuff said!
- Get to meet some wonderful people. Made some friends too!
- Taking photos, editing them and even making pictorials is kinda cathartic. Only wish I had more time.
- Sometimes, I make a positive difference in people’s lives, and invariably, in my own.
So there’s my list. Share your own reasons for blogging in the comments!